Join now - be part of our community!

BDP-S7200 not playing video after update

profile.country.GB.title
quinch
Explorer

BDP-S7200 not playing video after update

My S7200 forced a firmware update last week (to M21.R.0181).  Since that update it fails to play DVDs, Blu-Ray discs, or stream from Plex; iPlayer, Netflix still work.  All that happens is a blank screen, and the player is unresponsive.

Any suggestions as to what I could try?  I've done a power off-wait-power on, and full factory reset, and nothing has changed.

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
Vanilla_
Contributor

Hi quinch,

That's weird! It could be a software glitch, and it could also be that the player just failed spontaneously. But anyways, I'd suggest that you send it to a Sony service centre to get it inspected and fixed.

Vanilla_

profile.country.GB.title
quinch
Explorer

It's all very weird.  Looking through the firmware notes, there's a change to HDCP for screen mirroring.  My current thinking is that the change has affected HDCP output in general, so that my older TV now can't handle the output (clearly I need a new TV to test it!).

If that is the case, then getting it repaired will just be an expesive way of being told that it doesn't work with my TV.

Either way, I think it'll be the last Sony product I purchase - CS has been totally disinterested in helping in any way.