Join now - be part of our community!

BDP-s760b pink tint to screen and no sound after watching a region A disc?

profile.country.GB.title
RReeday
Explorer

BDP-s760b pink tint to screen and no sound after watching a region A disc?

Hi, any one help solve this puzzle? 

Ive has this player for several years and it’s worked fine. It was bought as a multi region dvd and blu-ray player. Yesterday I played an American bluray disc in it yesterday which I guessed was region free as nothing stated on disc/packaging and although it called it a bd-rom it played it fine. I then watch Star Trek beyond Blu-ray which I presume is region free or region B as bought in uk - this again worked fine. 

Today I went to watch a uk DVD and the picture has a pink tint and no sound. I can only half solve the problem by switching video output from Auto to RGB which corrects the picture but I can’t find a way of solving sound issue?

On doing an All factory reset the same picture and sound issues occur, the video settings being set back to Auto which is now causing the pink problems. 

I’ve noticed in the Patental Control Settings the Parental Control Area Code has USA next to it - was the American Blu-ray region A? Has the Blu-ray player changed it’s region settings to USA? 

Thanks loads for any advice.

19 REPLIES 19
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi there,

Welcome to the forum.

If you are still unable to play the disc please try these troubleshooting tips and let us know how you get on.

Best wishes,

Ed

profile.country.GB.title
RReeday
Explorer

Hi thanks for getting in touch - this is where I am at no (more confused than ever!) 

So, I’ve done some experimenting with an old hdmi television I have and the Blu-ray player sound is working on this tv through hdmi with any region disc that I use?

Im thinking oh, it’s maybe righted itself?

If I then plug my Blu-ray player in to my new 2018 hdmi TV there is still no sound again?
The same goes if I play the Blu-ray player through my surround sound system before arc to my TV??

Any help with why I’m not getting sound through my surround system or my newer TV when my Apple TV and other devices still work fine?

profile.country.GB.title
Vanilla_
Contributor

Hi RReeday,

That's interesting. So just to confirm, you're facing the picture and the sound issues only with one of your TVs and your surround sound systems. You don't face them with your old TV. Is this correct? 

Also, as far as i know, the region code for your Blu-ray player is printed on the rear of the player. I believe that the player can only play discs with the same region code.

Vanilla_

profile.country.GB.title
RReeday
Explorer

So the problem started with a pink tint to the picture and no sound. I looked at video hdmi setting on Blu-ray player and this was set to auto. I changed this to RGB and the picture came back to normal but no sound. The two other ‘Y...’ settings caused pink tint or worse when selected and auto no seems to use the one that causes pink tint as it’s default?

Even doing a full factory reset auto makes image pink and no sound still isn’t there.

I guess I can live with having hdmi output set to RGB but the fact that I get sound on my old bedroom hdmi tv and yet nothing on my damson Atmos system or Panasonic Tx-ex750b TV??

any advice would be greatfullt received!

profile.country.GB.title
Vanilla_
Contributor

Hi RReeday,

I'd recommend that you contact the manufacturers of the TV and the audio system if this issue occurs only when connecting the video player to any of them.

Vanilla_

profile.country.GB.title
RReeday
Explorer

Yeah was think of doing this but then figured, as the issue arose when the image went pink and that two seperate devices are affected, that it must come back to the Blu-ray player? 

All three have worked great together for ages until the issue started? 

profile.country.GB.title
Vanilla_
Contributor

Hi RReeday,

I still believe that the issue might be caused by the TV itself. I've checked the user manual of the player, and it states that the RGB (HDMI) settings are available so that you can select the setting that matches the connected TV type. You can find this information on Page 52 here:https://bit.ly/2LXRJKB

Vanilla_

profile.country.GB.title
RReeday
Explorer

Hi, thanks for the tip off.

So, I looked at the TV and found that if I changed the HDMI mode to mode 1 rather than the more advanced mode 2 the sound returned through the arc - all the Blu-rays hdmi colour settings work now with sound as does the auto setting - so I have away of watching stuff now.

BUT no Atmos - 5.1 fine, but 7.1 only front speaker and sub?

Factory reset on TV sets hdmi setting to mode2, which is what it must have been set at before issues arose as I did a reset not so long ago - so I think I’m being lead back to thinking the issue is still with the blurayer players hdmi output as ideally the tv hdmi should be working in mode2... before issues arose I had just watched something with Atmos for first time and was great - so I know that it all worked once...

profile.country.GB.title
Vanilla_
Contributor

Hi RReeday,

That's interesting. Maybe if you could let us know how you connect the player now, we can look into it further. (I.e: the connection map, etc..).

Regards,

Vanilla_