Join now - be part of our community!

BDV-E190 ARC not working

NetBlake
New

BDV-E190 ARC not working

Hi,

I'm trying to connect my sony blu ray home cinema system to my new LG TV. I've plugged in HDMI 1.4 cable (have tried 2 different cables) into HDMI ARC port on my TV and have HDMI - ARC setting on for both TV and blu ray. However, no TV sound is coming out of speakers. I called Sony and they asked me to contact LG. I called LG and they told me to contact Sony. So, I'm stuck here! Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

2 settings to check on the BDV-E190

Under System Settings > HDMI Settings

1. Ensure that Control for HDMI is : ON
  2. Audio Return Channel is : Auto

Cheers

NetBlake
New

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I've checked and they are already on and auto.

Thanks,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Next thing to check is the settings on the TV.  Specifically Audio Output settings to External.  Also make sure Control for HDMI or similar is ON, on the TV.

NetBlake
New

Hi,

Thanks - I've figured out now. LG TV has got an option called SIMPLINK which can be turned on to control other devices. But nowhere in their manual says it needs to be turned on for ARC! Now that I've turned it on it's working.  LG customer service was not interested in helping me at all!!

There are some delay between audio and video but AVSYNC function on blu ray seems to sort it out. It seems like AVSYNC can be adjusted only when I'm playing a DVD - I can't seem to find it in the setting. Do you know any other option for adjusting it apart from when playing DVD?

Many Thanks,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Im glad you got it working.  I guess it would help is LG explained SIMPLINK in their manual - But hey, you've learnt something new (and so have I :slight_smile: )

Unfortunately, I dont own one of these to experiment on.  The only thing I can find, is on Page 31 of the manual - AV Sync - When playing via the "TV" function.

On a side note (which is not your issue) - ensure that you set your speaker distances up correctly. 

Cheers.