Join now - be part of our community!

BDV-E3100 and iPod

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
chbarbe62
Explorer

BDV-E3100 and iPod

I always understood that I would be able to play back music on my iPod by connecting it to the USB socket on my Sony BDV-E3100, indeed I was told that I would be able to do this when I bought the unit during the Summer.

I finally got around to trying this over the recent Christmas holiday but it does not work.

Has anyone any ideas/suggestions? Is it something I am doing wrong, or will the feature not work?

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have had a look at the manual : HERE and there is nothing to indicate Ipod connectivity (USB or otherwise).  The only thing I can suggest, is to try bluetooth connectivity - see page 29 of the manual (assuming the ipod has bluetooth that is)

Cheers

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have had a look at the manual : HERE and there is nothing to indicate Ipod connectivity (USB or otherwise).  The only thing I can suggest, is to try bluetooth connectivity - see page 29 of the manual (assuming the ipod has bluetooth that is)

Cheers

sjk4158
Explorer

i only bought my surround system today so still playing with it - however i can use my ipod - click on home - tab across to music - then tab to (ipod) plug in your device using usb - and press middle button on remote - the only prob is you cant see music as you can on ipod - i.e no album covers

callmekenneth
Explorer

Had the same problem with a BDV-N590 - when I plugged in my ipod and tried to access it via video it wouldn't work (came up with "video playback is not supported"), but when I go to music and select ipod from there it works fine.