Join now - be part of our community!

BDV-E370 blu-ray home cinema not playing TV audio from optical digital out

profile.country.en_GB.title
Apps2k
Visitor

BDV-E370 blu-ray home cinema not playing TV audio from optical digital out

Hi,

I've LG LCD TV 32LG7000 and I've bought sony BDV-E370 bluray home cinema on July 2010. I have digital audio connection from TV via optical digital out to blu-ray player optical in for TV. It was playing TV's audio very well until recent players firmware upgrade (ver.M04.R.708) . After upgrading to latest firmware version player is not playing TV's audio out.  Couldn't figure out the problem, and I appreciate if anybody could help to sort out this.  Many thanks in advance.

Apart from the above issue, blu-ray player is freezing whenever I change TVs input to HDMI (HDMI to player), and I've to restart the player with TV's input to HDMI, then works fine.

The above problems are after recent firmware upgrade to ver.M04.R.708.

Thanks,

Apps.

Any help much appreciated ...

I've noticed another strange thing in the Bluray player menu for Audio settings: it is not showing Speaker Settings or Auto Calibration menu options.

4 REPLIES 4
jackburnford
Visitor

Hello,

I'm having the same problem - since the Firmware "update" I cant get audio from optical or analog - the only source I can get audio from is the BlueRay player itself - any ideas anyone????

apollogary
Visitor

I am also having this exact same problem. No sound from optical and no speaker set up or calibration options in audio settings. Very annoying. It was working last week

apollogary
Visitor

Spoke to Sony "technical" today about this problem. Apparently it's a known issue with a certain batch of serial numbered models and needs to go to an authorised service centre. Not very happy, especially as its the second unit. The 1st one (only a week old) was replaced because of another fault.

MathiasSylvester
Explorer

I Have the same problem, but my DVD is not on the network... so it sould not be aple to opdate and get some other firewall setting. ?