Join now - be part of our community!

bdv-e370 - loss of internet streaming, YouTube, iPlayer etc

BobBobbly
Explorer

bdv-e370 - loss of internet streaming, YouTube, iPlayer etc

Hi - Until yesterday the BDV-e370 blu ray accessed the internet video content ok. The device is connected to my router via a fixed wired cable. The device is being allocated an IP address, with correct DNS servers allocated. The network diagnostics pass and it says it can access the internet. I haven't changed my router or the configuration of the router.

When I ask for DVD/Blu Ray info and it queries Gracenote, that works and returns information. So it must be accessing the internet OK. My phone, P.c. and Laptop can all access internet without problems.

DLNA functions normally and I can stream media from my P.C. to the BDV-e370.

However, when I try and access Youtube, BBC iPlayer etc on the bdv-e370, I initially get the message "Checking Network Connection...Please wait". This seems to take a long time. Then when I try again, I get "Connecting to Internet Video Service (1/3)" and it sits there for about 5 mins then times out. It then displays the message "The process timed out because the server could not be accessed"

Any idea?

Thanks. Bob.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Have you tried updating the firmware and running afactory reset? Sounds like a glitch or something which is easy to resolve.

Thanks

BobBobbly
Explorer

Hi - Thanks for the reply, yes, the firmware is the most up to date and I have done a factory reset with no success.
BobBobbly
Explorer

Hi - Are you able to tell me what server it is trying to connect to when it sticks at "connecting to internet service"

Thanks
profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Likely our severs which just check the device is legitimate and then confirm the local services. You could also try the 'initialise personal information' from the settings menu which I think flushes the service listings. Also unplug your router/modem from the wall for 30 seconds and then reconnect it to force it to reconnect to the server as it may be n IP address glitch or something.