Join now - be part of our community!

BDV-IT1000 remote handset

SOLVED
micourt58
New

BDV-IT1000 remote handset

The remote handset for my BDV-IT1000 suffered  a red wine spill right into the inner workings and is not functioning. Contacted Sony for a spare but was informed they are not manufactured anymore and there are no compatable replacements. Anybody know of a solution?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

You may want to try with a progammable remote such as Logitech Harmony

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

I hear that the Harmony range of remotes are good.  However, if you are just going to bin the other remote control, why not attempt to pull it apart and give it a good clean inside.  Just take the batteries out, and with a small screwdriver remote any screws and prise the control apart. Then give it a little clean inside, let it air for a while, and put it back together again.  You never know :slight_smile:

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

You may want to try with a progammable remote such as Logitech Harmony

Anonymous
Not applicable

I hear that the Harmony range of remotes are good.  However, if you are just going to bin the other remote control, why not attempt to pull it apart and give it a good clean inside.  Just take the batteries out, and with a small screwdriver remote any screws and prise the control apart. Then give it a little clean inside, let it air for a while, and put it back together again.  You never know :slight_smile: