Join now - be part of our community!

Blu Ray Player BDP- S4100 not detecting WD Passport

SOLVED

Blu Ray Player BDP- S4100 not detecting WD Passport

I have a Sony blu ray player -BDP-S4100 and i have issues while connecting my WD Passport ultra 1 TB to it. I have to disconnect and connect it multiple times and only then it is detected. Once detected it works perfectly fine until i turn it off. The player does not have any  issues with other 16 GB usb drives on NTFS. Can anyone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Try plugging it in when the player is OFF, as the manual suggests this (besides it generally good practise anyhow :slight_smile: )

If that doesnt help, unfortunately this is one of the problems that probably cannot be resolved via the forums.  You might want to consider contacting Sony Support : HERE

Cheers

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

When you connect the USB HDD to the Bluray Player, is the player switched OFF before hand? 

Is the cable or USB connection in good working order (ie not damaged) - When plugging it in, does the connection feel loose?

Also, do you get the same problems when connecting that HDD to your PC or other device.

Cheers

@AnonymousI usually plug in the HDD while the Blu ray player is ON.Also i can vouch for the HDD.In fact it is a brand new harddisk and i have no problems while connecting it to my PC and laptop.Like i said,with the blu ray player i have to connect/disconnect it a number of times before the player finally detects it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Try plugging it in when the player is OFF, as the manual suggests this (besides it generally good practise anyhow :slight_smile: )

If that doesnt help, unfortunately this is one of the problems that probably cannot be resolved via the forums.  You might want to consider contacting Sony Support : HERE

Cheers

@AnonymousHey, thanks for that tip!!! That seems to have sorted out the issue.Now when i plug in the hdd while the player is off(including the power) it seems to be detecting the hard disk as soon as it is powered on:smileyhappy: .Your help is very much appreciated....:smileyhappy:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your Welcome

Glad its working now :thumbsup: