Join now - be part of our community!

Braveheart won't play on UBP X800

profile.country.GB.title
Mrgurry
New

Braveheart won't play on UBP X800

I have a reasonable collection of 4k discs. This is the first time I've had a playback issue. I'm on my second copy of Braveheart. I load the disc, the drive buzzes a little then stops. TV screen remains black. Once the disc is removed the player becomes unresponsive. In order to regain normal function I have to power doed from the mains and restart. The player plays my other discs fine as normal.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

Welcome to the Sony community. 

Can you let me know if this Disc has played previously on your player?

If it's the first time, have you checked the region code on the Blu-ray Disc as it may not be matching with the region code of the Blu-ray Disc player. 

It might also be worth getting in touch with the support team for further assistance here.

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
Mrgurry
New

Thanks, I have a UK player and the disc was bought in a UK store. Both copies iveI tried were brand new and had never been played before.

profile.country.GB.title
PrivateJoker79
Explorer

Did you get a response/answer to this? I have the exact same issue with Braveheart but I refuse to believe it’s the disc.

This player does seem buggy with the 4K discs...

profile.country.GB.title
Mrgurry
New

Hi, I've had responses from both Sony and 20th century fox. Sony are saying it's an issue with the disc. But as you're having a problem and I've tried 2 different copies, I think that's highly unlikely.

Fox don't have an answer and have simply offered a refund.

So no further forward really...

profile.country.GB.title
PrivateJoker79
Explorer

As a follow up to this... I’ve just purchased a Panasonic UB9000 and the Braveheart disc plays perfectly. I also checked out Ready Player One for reference and it looks incredible.

Obviously the UB9000 is over double the price of the Sony UBP X800 but so far it’s not remotely glitchy and the sound and picture are the best I’ve seen. Great bit of kit.

Sony palming you off by claiming it’s the disc is disappointing... I’ll be looking for a refund from them. Do Sony read the community comments? Will they contact me directly?