Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia TV doesn't stay connected to Audio System

profile.country.en_GB.title
scrapeh
Visitor

Bravia TV doesn't stay connected to Audio System

I have recently purchase an LG 3D/Bluray 5.1 audio system which works fine as a stand alone blu ray player. However when trying to use the sound system as a hub for all my TV audio I'm having trouble connecting.

I understand that after connecting a HDMI and Digital Optical Cable from the Sound System to my Bravia TV all audio that goes from any system into the TV should now come out of the Sound System?

I enable the audio system by going into the XMB > Settings > Sound > Speakers > Audio System.

The audio system works for about 15 seconds and then an error message pops up: "'TV Speakers active due to audio system commmucation error"

I have connected other devices direct to the sound system using an optical cable and they work fine, which leads me to belive it is the TV that is where my issue is.

My Equipment:

Sony Brava 32" KDL-32EX403

LG 5.1 BH6620S Audio System

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Try removing the Optical Cable from the setup and make sure the you connect the sound system via HDMI 1 from your TV. HDMI1 support ARC (Audio Return Channel) and I would *assume* that your LG Audio system would too.

Hope that helps.

profile.country.en_GB.title
scrapeh
Visitor

Hi Quinnicus,

Thanks for the help but unforntunatly no go. The TV tries to connect for 10/15 seconds and then reverts back th TV Sepakers. Without the optical cable theres no sound for at all during that period.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats a shame. Maybe another forum member may have another solution for you.

On a side note, have you tried another HDMI cable. Im focusing on the HDMI part, as i believe this is a connection issue.

NathLeBro
New

First of all, sorry, this is WAAAYYY old but I've spent most of the day trying to figure out my problem and this was one of the threads I came across which had the EXACT same problem as me... I just unplugged the HDMI linking the receiver (Blu Ray, DVD player, etc) from the TV so that it wasn't trying to send 2 audio signals to the same place!!!

Like I said, I know I'm resurrecting an old feed but I don't post on forums much and I look to them for help... I felt I had a duty to drop this on the end in case it is to help anybody in the future!