Join now - be part of our community!

Connecting a home Cinema box & Sky HD to a Sony Bravia TV with

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
mrsmack89
Visitor

Connecting a home Cinema box & Sky HD to a Sony Bravia TV with

I have a Sony Bravia TV KDL-40W5500, A Sony home cinema system DAV-DZ260 and a Sky HD box, I have just spent over 5 hours trying to connect it all but have had very little success getting any sound through the speakers unless I play a DVD. Can anyone help ? I have used an HDMI cable from DVD player to TV and an HDMI cable from Sky HD box to TV. I also have an Audio toslink cable too. Having now spent £50 + on cables getting really hacked off. The DVD has only 1 HDMI out box. The instruction manual is like Double Dutch !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
wonneil
Explorer

Sorry I can't be more specific as I don't have the home cinema sytem, but you will need to connect your sky box to the audio system using the toslink cable that you have, it may have to go into the back of the dvd player that comes with the system?

You might also need to select the correct channel through the system when watching sky, so the tv picture will be from HDMI 2 (for example) and the sound will be through the optical...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
wonneil
Explorer

Sorry I can't be more specific as I don't have the home cinema sytem, but you will need to connect your sky box to the audio system using the toslink cable that you have, it may have to go into the back of the dvd player that comes with the system?

You might also need to select the correct channel through the system when watching sky, so the tv picture will be from HDMI 2 (for example) and the sound will be through the optical...