Join now - be part of our community!

Copying recordings from SVR-HDT500

profile.country.en_GB.title
hockeyrulz
Visitor

Copying recordings from SVR-HDT500

Hi, just wondering if anyone knows how I can copy the recordings I have made on my hdd recorder, I can get the recordings off the unit by copying to an external hard drive then using Linux to get the files copied to my pc's hard drive so I can access them in Windows 7, but now i either need to convert the .trp file to something like an .avi but i believe there is some form of copy protection on the recordings so no converters that i know of or have tried recognise the file type properly.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

The only method I have found to work is using the yellow Composite Video Out and the Red/White Audio Stereo out terminals on the back of the unit.  These can be connected to the Analogue inputs of a HDD/DVD recorder.  Unfortunately, you can only copy in real time which is OK for a single copy but would take some time for multiple recordings.

To transfer to a PC you will need an analogue video capture device.  Like one of these: -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=video+capture+win+7&x...

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
hockeyrulz
Visitor

Yeah i've got something similar to that already that connects to the pc but don't really want to use that, since i've already got the .trp files onto my pc I just need to convert them so i can create dvd's or do whatever i want with them but no converters or burners recognise it as a valid video or even .trp file, which im guessing is because of copy protection.