Join now - be part of our community!

Dialogue Sound Problem for Sony BDP-S370

profile.country.en_GB.title
JamieStevens
Visitor

Dialogue Sound Problem for Sony BDP-S370

I was watching a film on the sony bdp-s370. It was working fine until a dialogue happened. The Dialogue sound isn't working but the rest of the sound is. Ive tried my blu-ray collection and still the same happens. Does anyone know how to cure this problem? Many thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
peterbotto1
New

I have just connected my bdp 350 to my sony sirround sound amp by optical lead and have the same problem.

No dailogue when DTS and Dolby Digital are activated but all ok in Stereo PCM. Somebody must have the simple answer to this as have been fiddling for hours.:smileyconfused:

MTHead
Visitor

I have the same problem with DTS output to my surround sound system. I have tried many different combinations to try to resolve the issue but without success. I have noticed that I can only output Dolby Digital from the 370, if I select DTS master audio on my blu-ray disks (with the 370 remote control) there is no sound output at all.  If I attach my other blu-ray player to my sound system DTS works fine.

baldmosher
Visitor

Similar problem here.

Optical makes occasional clicky digital noise sounds.  Coax soundtrack is barely recognisable and music and speech are very distorted and glitchy.  It all works fine via HDMI through my TV, but the sound is a bit rubbish, obviously.  It seems to me that there's a bandwidth problem when using coax and/or optical.  But I can't believe the player is trying to send HD audio down a coax or optical cable.....  PCM downmixing is just as bad if not worse, so I'm almost certain it's not a conversion issue.

I've been advised by Sony support that my BDP settings are all fine and that the player should transmit DD and DTS via optical or coax without trouble, and therefore the player must be faulty if that is not working.  But he was just reading the user manual so I don't think he was any kind of expert.  I've tried it with BBC iPlayer and a standard DVD - I haven't tried a BD yet as I don't own one.  I'm returning the unit to Play as a faulty item for exchange, and will advise what happens either way in due course!

Receiver is Cambridge Audio Azur 540R v2.  No HDMI, but does have 6.1   inputs, and handles DTS-ES 6.1, but I'm using a 4.1 speaker setup, so   this is simply a compatibility issue for me.  I can't buy a DTSHD/DDHD  amp as they are all too tall to fit in my TV unit.  I just want it to sound better than it does through the TV speakers....

I am starting to think that I should have just bought a player with 6.1 or 7.1 analogue outputs..... if I can't get the S370 working I will probably end up replacing it with a more expensive player that has just that.

hoyfoys
Visitor

I found that I had to turn the Audio Settings: BD Audio MIX Setting OFF.

Sorry it's a late reply but I just discovered it this evening, I hope it helps someone.