Join now - be part of our community!

Does STR-DN1050 support gapless playback?

Does STR-DN1050 support gapless playback?

I was wondering if Sony 2014 AVRs support gapless playback.
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Details are very light at the moment - especially down to fine details such as gapless playback.  Ill see if I can find out for you.

The STR-DN1050 is one of the products that features on Sony's High-Res Audio line-up, alongside a new model Bluray Player (BDP-S7200) and MAP-S1 - Multi Audio Player.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Well it seems that Sony have been a little more generous with the features on the STR-DN1050 and have added Bluetooth to the mix. Previously this feature was only available on the US version of the STR-DN1040. Thankfully though Sony have turned the tables on this latest addition to their line-up of Home Cinema Receivers and the US version does not support AirPlay, ha ha!

As for Gapless Audio Playback..., well although not directly supported you can achieve gapless audio through the use of 'Airplay'. Basically you stream iTunes from a PC to your receiver, it works great too! I've created a new post in the forum to better expose AirPlay for anyone who has not yet tried it out.

STR-DN1040 - Gapless Audio Playback - Finally it Works!!!!

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14