Join now - be part of our community!

Dolby Digital Over HDMI UBP-X800 With Sonos Beam

Dolby Digital Over HDMI UBP-X800 With Sonos Beam

I have a Sonos Beam and I am trying to determine what I need to do to get Dolby Digital over HDMI.  I have the Beam connected throught the ARC port on my TV (Samsung HU8500).  The UBP-X800 is connected to another free HDMI port.

When I play a movie that has Dolby Digital the system will not send it over, it comes over as Stereo.  The TV doesn't even allow for Dolby Digital as an option.  I have looked over the Audio Settings in the Setup Menu and I have the Downstream set to Surround Dolby.  My TV nor the Beam have a coaxial digital audio connection, so I can't go that route either.

Have anyone had any other issues connecting the Beam to the UBP-X800 to get surround sound?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi a.bear7164, 

Welcome to the community. 

I'm just going to try to find some answers for you. In the meantime, maybe someone else in the community might have some ideas. 

Thanks,

Pascale

profile.country.GB.title
Vanilla_
Contributor

Hi a.bear7164,

I've checked the audio settings of this player too, and I can see that the Downmix option should activate the surround effect. Have you tried to unplug the sound system and test if there is any surround effect from the TV speakers?

Vanilla_