Join now - be part of our community!

HT-ST5000 Dolby Atmos soundbar - Horrible Sony repair experience

profile.country.GB.title
Smellyxcheese
New

HT-ST5000 Dolby Atmos soundbar - Horrible Sony repair experience

Hi All, 

First one for me so apologies if this is posted in the wrong section.  Looking for some advice in relation to an ongoing issue that I am having with my HT-ST5000.  I took delivery of the unit on the 9th June 2017 and one year later it decided to breakdown completely on me! Unfortunately I did not log this with Sony until 26th of June 2018. 

Fortunately, Sony honoured the one year warranty possibly due to the fact that I was able to provide evidence to online threads where the same issue had appeared on numerous occasions. 

Fast-forward three months later my soundbar was still in for repair, countless phones calls wasted to Sony and the local repair centre was not getting me anywhere. I then had to lodge an official complaint wasting yet more time until someone within Sony would finally take hold of the situation. 

The news was not good, my device could not be repaired and therefore Sony were going to offer me a commercial solution and instead offer to purchase the product back off of me at a reduced rate!  They are offering me £1100 for a unit that cost me £1499 when purchased brand-new just over a year previously.  

I have not accepted their offer yet and was hoping someone within the community might be able to provide me with some advice on how to take this further and ultimately try to claim back the full purchase price. 

Unfortunately logging the complaint just after the warranty end date is on me but I find it outrageous that a premium product with a premium price tag only lasted 1 year. In addition to this the horrible repair experience of waiting three months to finally get a resolution has amounted to a very bitter experience. 

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

Sorry to hear about your experience.  I would recommend getting in touch with the support team here again and see if they can take another look at your case.

Let me know how it goes for you?

Best wishes,

Sean Mc 

profile.country.GB.title
Smellyxcheese
New

Hi Sean, 

Thank you for your reply. One major issue is that I no longer have my soundbar, it was never handed back to me during the repair process and have no idea where it is. 

I am not sure how contacting the support team again will assist in this matter? Happy to hear your thoughts on it. 

Regards

profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi again,

If your Soundbar was sent off for repair and you've not had it returned, then I would recommend getting in touch with the team so they can look into this for you.

Best wishes,

Sean Mc