Join now - be part of our community!

HT-XF9000 SOUNDBAR. lip synch issues when watching tv broadcasts

profile.country.GB.title
ricsmith5

HT-XF9000 SOUNDBAR. lip synch issues when watching tv broadcasts

I have tried to correct the lip synch problem I have on my HT-XF9000 using the manual and ideas from the community but everything has failed. It is as if the lip synch correction 0-250 needs to go back into minus numbers to correct the problem? This problem is only when using my tv - no problems when using mu UBP X700, so very frustrating. I use the best HDMI cables possible and the tv is a KD-49XD8077. I have carried out all the recommended suggestions, resets, hard resets, changing cables, changing every sound option on both the tv and soundbar, all have failed to rectify this problem. I have the latest update version on my soundbar and tv to that is not the problem. Any help would be appreciated although I should not be having to ask for this on a new product surely. If it is not sorted in a few days i will return the product for a refund and go elsewhere for a soundbar that works.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
typhoon9

Hi, I had the same problem with this sound bar and nothing i did fixed it so i took it back and it was faulty they checked it in the shop. So i bought the HT-ZF9 and it has been great more money but worth not having lip sync problems.

profile.country.GB.title
ricsmith5

Thanks for the reply Typhoon9.

Have now sent both of the HT-XF9000 back for refunds.

Sony technical dept. finally admitted that these units could not be adjusted back any more than I had done and that they were operating within their acceptable specification limits! - Well what an admission. Sony soundbar not able to work with one of their own tv's which is less than 6 months old! Shocking. No news of a possible software fix so given up on Sony now. Would try the HT-ZF9 if the purse strings allowed but am now weary of trying another Sony soundbar. John Lewis might get a bit fed up with another return from me although they did say they have had alot of these units returning with lip synch problems!