Join now - be part of our community!

HXD995 lost digital channels

Andrew649
New

HXD995 lost digital channels

I have seen this problem on the forum but suggested remedies have not worked.

This morning I found my HXD995 stuck on update. No response from controls and when switched off at socket reverted to update on reconnection. By switching off at socket and instantly pressing on at reconnection I managed to switch on recorder. However all digital channels failed to work. I tried rescanning which found the channels but still could not tune in. The digital guide was empty.

I checked the firmware which is 1.24. I then reset the recorder but made no difference. (I rechecked the firmware after reset, still shown as 1.24)

I tried update but again it stuck. Also I note when I change digital channels (none of which worked) the number of channels I can check is very few, refuses to try higher numbers.

I would appreciate any help on this. Thanks

Cheers

Andrew

5 REPLIES 5

I have exactly the same problem starting last night. I have retuned the device successfully but no info in the EPG. Up and down using the "prog" button goes to the wrong channel. Some channels show the programme for a second then shut off. The device did not fully respond to the remote control. Powered off by holding the power button for 5 seconds.

Is this coincidence?

Dubbing to DVD and recording on from "line 1" working as expected. Programme list as expected.  

Andrew649
New

Further to my query I find everyone has the same problem!

Clearly a duff update.

Over to you Sony...........

Andrew

HXD995Owner
Explorer

I have exactly the same problem, machine stuck updating, channels no longer appearing. Tried factory reset and updating firmware using 1.24 download, this got stuck also.

Please sort this out Sony, this is an absolute disgrace and I will be forced to by a new recorder if this is not resolved in the next few days.

pewrigh38

its not a sony update problem as some of the pioneer models are affected in exactly the same way (these recorders were made by pioneer, not sony)
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi All,

before posting any further comments please read this thread

***RDR Stuck in Update or no Digital channels issue***