Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-46W905A plus HT-CT260

richardeskins
Explorer

KDL-46W905A plus HT-CT260

I have the absolutely fantastic KDL-46W905A which came with the HT-CT260 on a recent offer. I had intended to get the Yamaha YS2200 for sound, but settled on a better screen with this discounted sound system. That said, the sound it produces is fine. 

However, this comes with one problem. With the HT-CT260 connected the volume can only be controlled by the CT260 remote. This means we need to use 2 remotes (3 when Sky is involved) all of the time.

Is there a method to get both the TV and Sky remotes to control the sound level of the CT260? It's an annoying error that lets down an otherwise fantastic setup.

Cheers.

Richard

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
richardeskins
Explorer

Thanks, but no. That sets the Sky remote to work with the TV (which it seems to do by default anyway). 

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have connected it up with a HDMI cable, enable "Control for HDMI" on both devices (which is bravia sync) and then the volume should work via the sky remote to TV which then bravia sync then controls the CT260

does that make sense? :wink:

No it doesnt - SORRY SCRAP everything i said above - the CT260 doesnt have HDMI.  ( I must be getting tired )

richardeskins
Explorer

Sadly the CT260 only has optical/coax/phono, no HDMI. A strange omission - perhaps that why it was on offer with the TV!

Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL, just edited my post.

richardeskins
Explorer

Thanks anyway :slight_smile: