Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-50W656 and BDV E-6100 - No sound (HDMI problem)

duncspur
New

KDL-50W656 and BDV E-6100 - No sound (HDMI problem)

Hi, 

I have a Sony KDL-50W656 Bravia with my BDV E-6100 plugged into the HDMI slot 1. My satellite TV is plugged into HDMI slot 2, and I have terrestial TV plugged in via a co-axial cable.

If I unplug the satellite from HDMI 2 and restart the system, the Home Theater works fine. I can then plug it back in and it continues to work fine. However, if I turn the system off and then restart it, there will be no sound. I have to repeat the process of unplugging and plugging in every time to use it.

I have tried different HDMI cables and turning it off at the wall but to no avail.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Duncan

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

You satellite TV (sky?) probably has problem with HDMI-CEC protocol and interfere with the whole system, try switching off any HDMI CEC setting on it.

duncspur
New

Hi,

I've tried this but it didn't work.

If I unplug the satellite, I am still getting the problem with syncing. If I go to Bravia Sync on the TV and go to Bravia Sync settings I get 'Turn connected devices on and select 'Enable' to activate Control for HDMI with compatible devices'. If I press 'Enable', I get 'No HDMI or MHL devices found. Please check the connections.'

The BDV E-6100 is showing up under 'Connected Devices', however.