Lip sync problem HT-MT500

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
John1950Hitchin

Lip sync problem HT-MT500

Hi all,

Sony HT-MT500 sound bar, S/W m39.r.0106

Sony KD-498309C 4K TV, build 3.885

Having problems with lip sync while watching any source from the sound bar, it starts ok then it loses sync ( may be five minutes to three hours on time ). If I change the sound field it syncs ok, till the next out of sync, repeat above.

Connected devices.

Digital aerial

Virgin Tivo cable box

Blue Ray player

Sat tuner

Thanks

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
John1950Hitchin

Good afternoon all,

Swopped over sound bars this morning and unlike the HT-MT500 s/bar no lip sync with the Bose sound touch 300 so far, may have put the mockers on it now. 🙂 

The home theatre settings on the Sony TV are now missing,  just relying on the Bose, no messing from Sony TV to mess things up. 

So what was causing the problem S/Bar or the TV softwear, who knows, not Sony.

John

PS A happy Hitchin not mad resident. 🙂

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I am unsure on how to help you on this one, where the lip sync drifts over time.  You can adjust the delay (sync) settings on the HT-MT500, but as its drifting as time passes this probably wont help you and there are no "Auto sync" options.

One thing I noticed is that you said the software version on the MT500 is M39.R.0106.  According to Sony's website it says M39.R.0102 (unless their website is out of date?)

The only thing I can really do is escalate this thread to Sony Support - however the first thing they will say is to Factory reset both HT-MT500 and your TV.  Can you do that and then confirm if it works or not.  If it doesnt ill pass it to Sony.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
John1950Hitchin

Hi,
Thanks for reply. The Sony site must be out of date as this software was installed when I purchased ht-mt500 last week (19th July 2017). When I go into the Sony KD-498309C TV settings, home theatre, I can’t set auto sync only set it to one of the set 0 - 250 may be more?, but then the vision then lags the sound when it tries to correct itself. I use high quality HDMI data cable into the ARC HDMI port 4 on the TV. It is worse on “ Clear Audio+” but less so on “ Standard” sound fields. To me it’s the software in the Sound bar. The TV has never caused sync problems in 16 months until connected to the s/bar. Watching an ITV program the adds come on then back to the program, it goes out of sync, change sound field, ok till the next time.

John
profile.country.GB.title
John1950Hitchin

I will factory reset both when I get time in between the wifes watching time ( very limited ) LOL Will report back hopefully without black eyes if it doesn't cure it, she is saying why does it not work correctly " they are both Sony things ". 😞

Anonymous
Not applicable

You could very well be right - As the HT-MT500 is a new model, there is a possibility that its a software issue with it.  Let me know how it goes after factory resetting anyhow - I have a bag of peas waiting for you (for your eyes!)  :rofl:

profile.country.GB.title
John1950Hitchin

Good morning,

Have done a Factory reset on both TV + S/Bar, just waiting to see if the lip sync comes back.

I did forget to say that for me there is less problem in that the Built in Chromecast times out after about 10 - 15 mins. This is on my Android Tablet (7.1.1), Samsung S7 (7.0), wifes iPad (ios 10), iPhone (?) and my Macbook pro (10.12.5). Can connect all above through BlueTooth with no time out.

Soundbar Chromecast version 1.21.76349

John

PS No black eyes did it late at night wife a sleep. LOL

profile.country.GB.title
John1950Hitchin

Hi again, After setting up bluetooth for some of the devices and returning to TV the lip sync was back. Changed sound field and in sync. Factory reset not the cure. 😞

John

profile.country.GB.title
John1950Hitchin

I have had contact with John Lewis Tech team and they will contact Sony as they don't know what the cause is, most likly software.

John

profile.country.GB.title
John1950Hitchin

Hi again,

I have switched off the DSEE HX in the sound bar and in three hours no lip sync problems. May have sorted it but this means I have lost HQ sound so it may be a short time fix? Checking and will post back.

John

profile.country.GB.title
John1950Hitchin

Looks like the DSEE HX setting too off has fixed ( bodge ) the lip sync so it looks like digital sound softwear causing it. I am still waiting for John Lewis Tech to sort it but really don't know what they are doing.

John

PS Any Sony news from here?