Join now - be part of our community!

My S790 Blu Ray is downloaded with German?!

Konuku
New

My S790 Blu Ray is downloaded with German?!

Hello all. I just moved from London to Switzerland where I recently bought the S790 Blu Ray from Amazon in Italy (it was actually willing to deliver to Switzerland unlike lots of places in the UK). I just got it but it was actually shipped out of Germany for some reason. When I turned it on, a lot of it is in English (and that is the chosen language); however, for the apps part of it, much of it is in German. It is a bit frustrating to say the least. I cannot read German and I have absolutely no use for any apps connected to Germany.

Is there anyway that I can re-install English software into it? If so, where would I find such a thing and how would I do it? I am not sure why I can choose English as the language of the device yet another language continues to pop up for certain elements of it.

Please help if you can. I am not sure if I should return it but then I do not know how I would get an English one anyway until I go back to visit.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

The apps are geo-locatational as things like say BBC iPlayer aren't available outside the UK, so when your device goes online, it identifies itself as now being in 'country x' and then downloads the links appropriate for 'country x'. Its not possible to get other countries apps outside of a particular country.

Thanks