Join now - be part of our community!

No soundfrom subwoofer

profile.country.GB.title
Stupot19
Explorer

No soundfrom subwoofer

hi all. I have just purchased a 65" xf87 tv and bought a ht-zf9 sound bar and subwoofer to go with it.

I have connected it via ARC. i have sound f4om the soundbar but nothing from the subwoofer. It is connected. I have done the wireless tests. Re connected etc. But getting nothing atall from the subwoofer. All help appreciated before i take it back and switch back to lg. Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Stupot19,

did you turn up the subwoofers volume level?

It can be adjusted independend from the soundbar itself to adjust it to your liking.

It is labbeled as "SW Volume" (Volume is represented by a slope/cone).

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
Stupot19
Explorer

Hi yes. It is on volume 12 and nothing at all from it what so ever.

Regards. Stuart

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Stupot19,

some TV broadcasts just transmit plain stereo sound without a subwoofer component.

If you are sure you are testing the setup with a 2.1, 3.1, 5.1 or a 7.1 or a Dolby Atmos signal, please perform the troubleshooting-steps from page 72 of the manual: 

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/res/manuals/4727/d1ff451e44dc39fc895aec29e654d9a6/4727533...

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
Stupot19
Explorer

@IamNic i have done this troubleshooting from the manual with no luck. 

Is there a way i can check for a definate. 2.1 3.1 etc? I have the hdmi from the arc from tv to soundbar. Then i have an xbox one in hdmi 1 and virgin tv in hdmi 2. Both work with picture on screen and sound from the soundbar but not the subwoofer. Thanks