Join now - be part of our community!

No TV channels on HXD995

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Toffeeduck
Visitor

No TV channels on HXD995

Help.  My 'recorder' is no longer displaying TV channels.  If I try selecting the guide I get "that feature is not available" or something similar.  The display (for TV) shows: D - - -

DVDs work ok.

Any idea what the D - - - means anyone?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Display showing D--- is a symptom of a known bug of the HXD recorder series firmware.

Check in other post in this forum or better look at the support pages to download the last firmware issued for your device (should be 1.24 if I'm not wrong) and install it. Be sure to execute also a reset of the machine afterword.

This is the last fw. Be aware that, from time to time, you'll get anyway your machine stuck with "Update" on the display and you'll have to reset the machine....

http://support.sony-europe.com/tvhc/downloads/downloads.aspx?site=odw_en_GB&f=FW_DVDR_1.24&m=RDR-HXD...

Messaggio modificato da rooobb

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Display showing D--- is a symptom of a known bug of the HXD recorder series firmware.

Check in other post in this forum or better look at the support pages to download the last firmware issued for your device (should be 1.24 if I'm not wrong) and install it. Be sure to execute also a reset of the machine afterword.

This is the last fw. Be aware that, from time to time, you'll get anyway your machine stuck with "Update" on the display and you'll have to reset the machine....

http://support.sony-europe.com/tvhc/downloads/downloads.aspx?site=odw_en_GB&f=FW_DVDR_1.24&m=RDR-HXD...

HI,

I've got the same problem but when i update the firmware it hangs on DOWNLOAD-5.  The dash flashes approximately once per second.  I've left it for over an hour, though the instructions state it should take approximately 6 minutes.  When i've switched it off and back on again as it's hanging it says the firmware is now at 1.24 but still has the same problem of no tv channels.  I've tried reinstalling the firmware a few times but it hangs each time.

pw1119701
Explorer

Hi,

This is weird!!! Last night the same problem suddenly developed on my HXD995 - the EPG appears for seconds and is blank(no channels). I then have a blank, black screen.

I also tried to update to firmware 1.24 and got stuck at DOWNLOAD 5, and left it for an hour before switching it off. However in my case the firmware had not been updated I'm still on v1.15. I tried the update a second time but the same thing happened.

Any ideas to fix would be greatly appreciated.

The DVD player still works and the recorded programs still play - just no TV channels 😞

Thanks

Peter

pewrigh38

read through the other threads and you will a temorary solution by setting the machines location to france and not the UK. then wait for a fix from sony
pw1119701
Explorer

Thanks - can you please remind me how to set the location. Thanks again

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi All,

before posting any further comments please read this thread

***RDR Stuck in Update or no Digital channels issue***