Join now - be part of our community!

NSZ-GS7 media player app does not work

profile.country.en_GB.title
canubelieve
Visitor

NSZ-GS7 media player app does not work

I have the NSZ-GS7 and find a problem with the media player app.

It wont play downloads from BBCiplayer (downloaded to the player, nor downloaded to USB drive),

Neither pc nor mobile download version from the iplayer site will play.

When I tried connecting a USB drive the media player app doesnot play all wmv files. Mp4 is better but some samples did not play.

It seems to freeze up when trying to play some files and then I cannot open any. Reboot and I can access files again but it freezes up fairly quickly.

I did a factory reset and it does not freeze up as easily but still does so on some files.

I downloaded Vimu lite and it works far better, but even this does not open the downloads from BBCiplayer.

1. Anybody have similar problems with the player app and know anything that can be done about it.

It does not appear to be much good. looks as if I will have to return the player to sony as defective and see if they can do anything.

Alternatively it would be good if I could use another video player app. If it was android 4+ then i would have a large choice but the 3.2 version has very little

(This is contrary to the advertising that says you can get all your favorite apps - in fact I can get very very few of my favorite apps. Cannot even get adobe reader on the player!)

2. Anybody have any suggestions for other apps? Vimu looks to be the only other alternative.

I will ask Wimu if they can give me any answer to the BBCiplayer issue.

I would like to believe this player would show us the way forward with TV internet streaming but you cant get much from an android 3.2 system that is so limited. Found this out more than a year ago with Samsung mobile Phones and eventually had to upgrade to a newer model with android ICS.

Perhaps this message needs communicating more widely so that people dont buy the player.

However, it would make far more sense for Sony to get it upgraded to android 4+.

0 REPLIES 0