Join now - be part of our community!

rdr hxd-870 not working

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
jotwedd
Explorer

rdr hxd-870 not working

Turned recorder on, Message saying New Channel Found, screen went blank.  Selected several TV channels, picture appears for a few seconds, freezes, then screen blanks.  Tried EPG; it shows empty, then programmes populate for a few seconds, freezes, then screen blanks.  System Menu is working OK apart from Signal Check - runs for a few seconds, freezes, then screen blanks.  Recorded titles play OK.

I've tried usual things - Replace channels; switched off overnight; unplugged aerial lead; checked firmware (1.70), no effect.  

It's an elderly machine but very useful.  I suspect it may be the internal tuner or receiver?  Any help appreciated.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Mooly01
Contributor

I'm guessing you have read the main thread/s on this known Freeview issue by now but more info and temporary workaround here:

https://www.avforums.com/threads/sony-870-and-all-sony-hxd-and-some-pioneers-dvd-recorders-no-freevi...

Freeview UK are aware of the issue.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Mooly01
Contributor

I'm guessing you have read the main thread/s on this known Freeview issue by now but more info and temporary workaround here:

https://www.avforums.com/threads/sony-870-and-all-sony-hxd-and-some-pioneers-dvd-recorders-no-freevi...

Freeview UK are aware of the issue.

profile.country.GB.title
jotwedd
Explorer

Many thanks again Mooly!  Recorder now restored to full working order after following this procedure. 

I had thought that there may have been a fatal hardware issue, but thankfully not the case.  Presumably the problem was caused by the last channel update.  Best regards     John

profile.country.GB.title
Mooly01
Contributor

I've  been informed by Sony the issue is resolved. You will need to do another factory reset and set the machine up as normal.

At the moment mine is now working normally as are those of many others.

profile.country.GB.title
jotwedd
Explorer

Many thanks, will do.