Join now - be part of our community!

RDR-HXD890 DVD has no Digital channels

SOLVED
Flatbrat
Explorer

RDR-HXD890 DVD has no Digital channels

Help!!!!! My RDR-HXD890 has lost ALL channels- no EPG - zilch - Whats going on? Is Sony going to fix the problems? Does anybody know?

I have tried all the possible scenario's but no luck!

114 REPLIES 114
Alexander-C

[quote="sfnchz"]Alexander:   I downloaded and installed CDBurnerXP this morning - it's a lot simpler. Two minute job.  The firmware install locked up at DOWNLOAD-5 like a few other people but I turned it off at the mains and now the recorder shows the firmware as the updated version. If you want my opinion tho, I wouldn't touch the firmware that was working yesterday with a bargepole - Let Sony sort it all out.[/quote]

Thanks for the advice. Yeah, I think you're right about leaving the firmware update for the time being, hopefully Sony can sort this out remotely however the updates get installed. If noy I'll have to give CDBurnerXP a try.

(Does the normal way you reply with a quote using BBCode not work here?)

profile.country.GB.title
stevied

I am sorry Pascal-F but this is what Sony are saying to anyone who enquires about this problem which is now of mammoth proportions. How about  some info from someone high up the chain making a comment? What about calling some people in from their weekend break? Heaven forbid that they should have their weekends ruined like mine has been as I now will not be able to watch the cricket highlights as I will not be in to watch them live. Sony's responce to this problem has been dreadful and it should not be left to someone on the comunities website to field all our questions. I own many Sony products which I bought for the knowledge that I was buying the best. After all the BBC use Sony. Please, please start treating us like adults and keep us informed.

esmerelda25
Explorer

In desperation I have managed to turn off my recorder and the update has stopped.Does anyone know if this will have damaged anything?My tv channels are all able to be viewed through the tv,which is Panasonic not Sony!

Halfway1
New

Glad to see its no just me!

I thought like others it was a gonna and was tempted to go out a buy another system this weekend, until I stumbled across this site..

Not happy with Sony. No 24 hour call service and e-mail team doesnt seem to exist. This is supposed to be one the best Companys in the World.

Come on get your act together.

Rich

maulee0
New

Pascale,

Good to know this is being investigated but how will we know when there is a fix for this problem?

Maurice.

ppspps
Explorer

The automatic over the air updates of the firmware for sony hard disk recorder ranges RDR-HXD890 and RDR-HXD870 would appear to be for PIONEER recorders NOT for SONY recorders.
This has resulted in thousands of SONY recorders across the whole country no longer working.
Downloading the latest firm wear for these recorders from the Sony web site does NOT resolve the problem. When trying to apply the firm ware to the appropriate recorder the updates stop on DOWNLOAD 5 and never complete.

Me to, have exatly the same problem and had to eventualy cut the power after sticking on down load five for one hour but a restart did not show a update to 1.7, still no digital channels 

Sony apear to be doing little or nothing to address this firmware problem and from information see so far this sounds like a lost cause

But I have not lost all hope.

Mark_IV
Explorer

It is now 24hours - yet is there yet an official response from Sony apart from a forum posting?

Meanwhile people are no doubt buying replacements when Sony will be fixing this or replacing our recorders free of charge??

Let's have an official news release please...

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi All,

before posting any further comments please read this thread

***RDR Stuck in Update or no Digital channels issue***

profile.country.GB.title
mikejo01
Explorer

Note.. some now have full EPG functionality back with RDR-HX890 and RDR-HX870 see AVForums pages 5/6 on the subject.