Join now - be part of our community!

RDR-HXD890-DVD stuck in update mode for 2 days now

chkersh29
Explorer

RDR-HXD890-DVD stuck in update mode for 2 days now

I too have an RDR-HXD890-DVD stuck in update mode for 2 days now- the Hard Drive permanently running. Can't do anything with it other than unplug mains. I have had problems with this machine and the EPG right from the outset. Cmon Sony get it sorted!

3 REPLIES 3
pewrigh38

you need to use the power button on the recorder m8

Stuck Update:
"If your recorder is stuck with UPDATE in the display you will need to hold the Power button for more than five seconds to perform a "soft" reset. It will switch off for a few seconds, then quickly and before it powers itself back on again , TAP THE POWER BUTTON 2 OR 3 TIMES , and it should say WELCOME and will then go to a black screen with no freeview channels

if you use easy setup and select location FRANCE or BELGIUM it wont lock up on epg update and will allow you to operate the machine

but epg wont work

this is a temporary fix

chkersh29
Explorer

Thanks yes it did work but now I can't get any TV programs at all. Can still use DVD and can access HDD recordings at least until Sony sort it out.

pewrigh38

use easy setup and choose FRANCE or BELGIUM AS YOUR LOCATION AND SCAN, and your tv programs will return (BBC1 ETC)

you wont have any epg, but its the corrupt epg that has caused the problem anyway

then we wait for a fex from sony in the week