Join now - be part of our community!

RDR stuck in UPDATE MODE

MandHNo10
Explorer

RDR stuck in UPDATE MODE

I have 2 DVD recorders RDRHXD870 and 890. Both stopped working Friday night 19th. Now stuck in update mode despite factory resets and attempts to do manual software update. Hardware is version 455 and software is version 115. Selected software updates but still not working. How long does software update take? No info in instruction manual. Must presume that Sony have gone out for a long weekend!

28 REPLIES 28

Hi Everyone,

RDR HXD890 No digital reception, no digital guide. Failed 19.07.2013

Have emailed Sony.

Thanks to everyone who has posted on this topic.

Regards, goingspare..

wise_eye
New

The same thing happened to me! I have the HXD790, which seems to be completely incapable of receiving a digital TV signal as of sometime between 14:30 and 20:30  on the 19th ... What the hecks going on?
I've tried the update function via the system menu, and just tried to update the firmware version, which gets stuck at the 'Download-5' stage ... Any advice from the Technical Folks???

Cheers, Ian

msucbh
Explorer

Hi, I have also had this problem since 19/7/13 evening around 7.30pm, I also have the RDR-HXD870 model. Just wondered if you have heard anything from Sony?

thanks for highlighting this, I thought ours was a isolated incident and it was just broken!

regards

profile.country.GB.title
Safficat
Explorer

Hi this has also happened to us on Friday. We have a RDR-HXD970 and it is now stuck in update mode. We cannot get in touch with Sony - seems only business hours!
profile.country.GB.title
Safficat
Explorer

Just a thought -if we can't get Sony -I don,t do twitter but are there any tweets going on about this outside of the Sony community? By the way our location is Lincolnshire - is it anything to do with 4g interference ?
rayandre6
New

just noticed that some peoples recorders stuck in update mode.This has just happened to me today 20thjuly any one know how to get it working again?

Ianrsw
Explorer

I have had exactly the same problem. Stuck on update, I can get it to work by switching off and on. It will then play back and receive Sky through line 1 but despite retuning several times it will not receive programmes through the digital tuner. Sometimes BBC1 comes up for one second before going blank. Same with the Guide. I have had it five years and it has always worked well. HELP!

briwarne39
Explorer

RDR-HXD995

Lost all TV Channels Friday 19 July 2013, Sat morning locked in UPDATE mode. Only solution that has worked so far is following instructions on this forum & set it to france retuned now got TV channels & Hdd back up & working, but no EPG......NOT HAPPY!!!!!

Looks like its a national problem - we are just outside Hull - HXD870 lost the EPG page last night, then went into update cycle for 7 hours today. The fix suggested earlier today worked for us, and stopped the update lock, but we still cannot use the EPG page (disappears after 2 seconds) and there is no picture or sound on the TV. Emailed Sony, but as we all know, no response so far - come on Sony, you should be able to fix this !