Join now - be part of our community!

RDR stuck in UPDATE MODE

MandHNo10
Explorer

RDR stuck in UPDATE MODE

I have 2 DVD recorders RDRHXD870 and 890. Both stopped working Friday night 19th. Now stuck in update mode despite factory resets and attempts to do manual software update. Hardware is version 455 and software is version 115. Selected software updates but still not working. How long does software update take? No info in instruction manual. Must presume that Sony have gone out for a long weekend!

28 REPLIES 28
sonorous
Explorer

Me too. Ours went faulty overnight. We have an RDR HXD 995. We also wondered if it was 4G interference.

Think it was more likely last nights update. Good luck everyone with getting them fixed.
yasar1
Explorer

Mine too! First no channels and no epg then stuck on update. Not able to turn it on or off.
pewrigh38

no its nothing to do with 4g changes

yes you can turn it off, just hold the recorder power button for 6 seconds or so and it will switch off, then quickly tap the power button a couple of times to wake it up and it will say WELCOME, then do easy setup and set the location to france as a temporary fix

Me too as before EPG went Friday evening, now seems to be on permanent update, cannot turn recorder off, worried that if I disconect the electric it won't start up again. What a performance to register for this site, had to use a password that is stronger than my banking ones.

Ellen

pewrigh38

see previous post

This worked to get me out of upgrade mode but nothing in the guide. I can play programs already recorded but not record new ones. Have emailed Sony.

Thanks for getting me out of upgrade mode

Ellen

taylobe
New

Thank you so much for these postings, I too have the same problem as of Sat 20th and would appreceiate advice from SONY ASAP!   Where are they??

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi All,

before posting any further comments please read this thread

***RDR Stuck in Update or no Digital channels issue***

profile.country.en_GB.title
gerry1047

Have reset as suggested, but no channels or epg.....AND CLEARLY NO INTEREST FROM SONY.

WELL  I WONT BE BUYING FROM THEM AGAIN

queenfnaar
Explorer

we're in sheffield.  our dvd recorder started to play up last night (sometime before coronation street).  although the tuner seems to think it has found the relevant channels, nothing is visible and the guide doesn't work. 

pants!  I've only just got the losing all digital channels problem sorted.