Join now - be part of our community!

RDR stuck in UPDATE MODE

MandHNo10
Explorer

RDR stuck in UPDATE MODE

I have 2 DVD recorders RDRHXD870 and 890. Both stopped working Friday night 19th. Now stuck in update mode despite factory resets and attempts to do manual software update. Hardware is version 455 and software is version 115. Selected software updates but still not working. How long does software update take? No info in instruction manual. Must presume that Sony have gone out for a long weekend!

28 REPLIES 28
annoyedannoyed
Explorer

Glad I found this thread - tried to watch some late-night tv yesterday and wondered what the hell I'd done. My HXD 995 is also stuck in update mode as well. Thanks for the tips.

wags2000
Explorer

why not contact their PR company to see what is happening.

profile.country.en_GB.title
gerry1047

I can understand that from time to time problems come out of left field. But this has been all over the internet for over 24 hrs.

Where are Sony!

There should be an apology, an explanation and a timetable if not an immediate fix by now.

Every hour that passes is another nail in their coffin. Don't they want loyal customers across their brand range.

What are they going to do and when are they going to do it.

The silence is deafening.

benboo
Explorer

Me too, discovered our HXD 890 was stuck in update mode after being switched off at around midnight on the 19th july. managed to get back in by powering off and quickly going to system menu before it went back to update mode. very worried the HDD had gone so now currently dubbing all our irretrievable travel videos to dvd! Thanks to the person who posted tip on switching tuner to France as that has got the channels back but still no EPG. Hope this forum sends out the solution once known!
MandHNo10
Explorer

Try this:

Power off at mains

Wait 2 mins

Power on

Select system menu

Easy Setup

language Francais

country France

run auto scan

DON'T WORRY IT WILL FIND ALL ENGLISH CHANNELS

When scan complete exit back to TV

All UK digital channels will be there.

YOU CANNOT USE EPG

Select channels using channel up/down button on handset

You can view already recorded items via title list

You can record using record button on hand set and stop using stoprec utton

You cannot do auto record because no EPG

HOPE THIS HELPS UNTIL SONY COME BACK FROM THEIR LONG WEEKEND!!!

pewrigh38

no need to wait 2 mins, just tap the power button on the recorder a few times until it says WELCOME

in easy setup, select ENGLISH for the labguage, but use FRANCE for the location

this way you get english menus but the box thinks its in france

afterwards select DIGITAL EPG and not guideplus

the epg will not work though

chrisbrooks529
Explorer

hi

thanks MandhN010 for the fix - regarding emailing sony have you tried this site http://www.ceoemail.com/ it's worked for me in the past with energy companies !!, I shall be giving it a go as soon as I've cooled down a bit - too hot for me

Thanks again

Fedup...
New

Really pleased I found you all out there with the same problem as me with my machine stuck in update - I have tried almost everything that you all have too and am now really fedup!:   Thanks for all the info and lets hope sony fixes it soon - we have probably blown up their e-mail account now too - not sure how else they will get in touch with us if we didn't send one though.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi All,

before posting any further comments please read this thread

***RDR Stuck in Update or no Digital channels issue***

I have locked this thread in a hope that we can limit the number of thread so to avoid confusion & make it easier for users to find the latest information..