Join now - be part of our community!

Recording different channel (BBC) or Poor quality recording

profile.country.GB.title
rdr-hxd995_owner

Recording different channel (BBC) or Poor quality recording

My issue is this, I set the recorder RDR-HXD995 via the EPG to record BBC1 (channel 1). For some reason, it decides to record channel D801 which also happens to be a BBC1 channel that it has found. At times it just seems to sit there in RDY mode recording nothing. Since we've moved house however, it is now picking up a poor quality signal and recording that. This is extremely annoying trying to watch a pixelated image.

I think that this is quite a common problem but it has probably been filed under different symptoms, sometimes with possible solutions and sometimes with no replies at all. Maybe I've missed it but we could probably do with a main heading with some guidelines to help us all and ideally a proper solution from Sony if they care about Customer Service.

I appreciate that some helpful people have suggested solutions related to aerials and attenuators that I readily admit I don't quite follow and to a certain extent I don't feel I should have to nor do I want the extra expense. Please don't give me a heated response. My argument would be that I have selected the channel I wanted it to record, so why doesn't it record that. I didn't ask for the channel from the closest transmitter or even the strongest signal (which is isn't), i chose channel 1 for good or bad, so just record that please. Can anyone advise how I can achieve this please? Thanks and let's keep this friendly and helpful.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

This happens also if you set the timer manually (not via the EPG)?