Join now - be part of our community!

Setting up sound on Sony Bravia W8

Setting up sound on Sony Bravia W8

Hello,

I was on the phone last night to the Sony Techinal Support and they advised me I would need a new Home theatre system but I don't beleive this is the case.

I have a Sony Bravia W855" TV and Sony DAV-DZ531W Home Theatre System.

The TV is connected to the Home Theatre System through Optical, The Sky box is connected the the TV via HDMI.

When I switch the TV audio settings to "Audio System" the mode on the home theatre system changes to TV and I get no sound, When i switch the Mode to sat/cable which allows sound from optical out, A message appears on the TV saying "Switched to TV Speakers" but it still plays through the home theatre system aswell as the TV so I turn the TV volume down but the audio and video doesn't sync when whatching sky.

Surley there is a way to reolve this issue?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Is it no possible to connect your TV to your  Home Theater System via a HDMI cable?

I'm guessing the reason why you get no sound in this instance "When I switch the TV audio settings to "Audio System" the mode on the home theatre system changes to TV and I get no sound" is maybe because the TV Audio System setting is perhaps for use with HDMI signals only.

As I say I'm guessing here, I don't have either device myself.

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14