Join now - be part of our community!

SONY BDP S7200

profile.country.GB.title
paclark7267
Explorer

SONY BDP S7200

CAN ANY ONE SHARE THERE SCREEN SETTINGS FOR THIS PLAYER PLAYING VIA SONY RHT G950 TO SONY KD49X8505 USING HDMI 2 CABLES

PLUS ALSO WHEN PLAYING A DISC A FUR THUR VIDEO SETTING OPTION IS AVAILBLE

SHOULD THIS BE KEPT ON AUTO OR IS THERE ANY BENIFIT IN THE CUSTOM OPTIONS

TKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY ADVICE

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

@paclark7267 wrote:

CAN ANY ONE SHARE THERE SCREEN SETTINGS FOR THIS PLAYER PLAYING VIA SONY RHT G950 TO SONY KD49X8505 USING HDMI 2 CABLES

This is a unique setup and through my time on the Sony forums, I have not seen a question relating to the RHT-G950 (except yours that is). Therefore It might not get much of response to this exact question.  Is there a problem in particular that either myself or another forum member can help with?

@paclark7267 wrote:

PLUS ALSO WHEN PLAYING A DISC A FUR THUR VIDEO SETTING OPTION IS AVAILBLE

SHOULD THIS BE KEPT ON AUTO OR IS THERE ANY BENIFIT IN THE CUSTOM OPTIONS

Which particular video setting option are you referring to?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
paclark7267
Explorer

TKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE

PEHAPS I COULD ISOLATE THE QUESTION TO THE SONY BDP S7200

AND ASK WHAT YOUR RECOMMENDED SCREEN SETTIMGS WOULD BE I.E.HDMI DEEP COLOUR AND SBM ETC.

THE VIDEO SETTINGS I AM REFERING TO ARE THOSE THAT ARE AVAILABLE THRU THE OPTIONS BUTTON ON REMOTE DURING PLAYBACK, IT GIVES OPTIONS SUCH AS DIRECT,AUTO,BRIGHTER ROOM ETCC. PLUS 2 CUSTOM OPTIONS

AGAIN TKS FOR YOUR INTEREST,LOOK FORWARD TO YOU REPLY

REGARDS

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@paclark7267 wrote:

THE VIDEO SETTINGS I AM REFERING TO ARE THOSE THAT ARE AVAILABLE THRU THE OPTIONS BUTTON ON REMOTE DURING PLAYBACK, IT GIVES OPTIONS SUCH AS DIRECT,AUTO,BRIGHTER ROOM ETCC. PLUS 2 CUSTOM OPTIONS

AGAIN TKS FOR YOUR INTEREST,LOOK FORWARD TO YOU REPLY

REGARDS

Hi there, I was wondering when someone might post about this player, I bought the same model last August and until now have been feeling quite lonely in this forum.  :rolling_eyes:

The options menu that you refer to and specifically the colour settings is really a matter of personal choice. No doubt the results might look better on a 4K TV but on my Panasonic TV I see little difference when selecting the different options. Some are slightly lighter and some have a little more colour, I guess it really depends on what you prefer? I haven't messed with the custom options but that should be straight forward enough. Presumably you adjust the colour/brightness settings yourself and save them as a preset.

Personally I find DVD's & Blu-rays can vary so widely that I just use the same default setting.

Incidentally and slightly off topic, you may or may not be aware that the same options button has multiple uses and the raft of options changes dependant on the content you're viewing. For instance when watching streaming content it often gives you the option to exit or perform some other tasks.

I'm sending you a private message, just click the little grey envelope icon to the right of your user name above.

Cheers

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14