Join now - be part of our community!

Sony BDV-N590 issues and questions

profile.country.en_GB.title
paulmclarky
Visitor

Sony BDV-N590 issues and questions

Hi

I recently bought this home cinema system and it's great but I don't have a TV aerial so I get my tv through Sky.  Sometimes when I turn on the system it defaults to TV input even though I've set it to skip this input.  It's not a major problem but is quite annoying none the less.  Is there a way to default it to start with hdmi 1 input?

Also, I don't want to use my surround sound system all the time, especially at night when people are in bed (we have thin walls), so is there a way to connect up my system so that I can just use the TV's speakers and have the bluray/cinema system switched off?  I have an optical cable so I'm guessing that if I ran that from the sky box to the bluray this may be the answer, the only issue then would be if I wanted the same set up with my xbox.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
magpiemale1970
New

I have sky to and run the sky cable from sky box to HDMI 2 and the blueray from ARC-HDMI 1 my audio output in blueray audio settings is set at speaker+hdmi  also the optical cable from sky box to blueray system.If you do not want the system on at night just switch off from the blueray box lower left which would just make the system on your t.v detect that the system is not in working order and to use the t.v speakers.

magpiemale

martybee58
Visitor

I too have this issue and find it rather annoying "Sometimes when I turn on the system it defaults to TV input even though I've set it to skip this input.  It's not a major problem but is quite annoying none the less.  Is there a way to default it to start with hdmi 1 input?" Mine does this every time and I've set ALL the other inputs to "skip" and it still defaults to tv!!

Also, it says in the manual that you can use a USB keyboard with this system but mine does nt work very well at all. Is there a particular make/model of keyboard (preferrably wireless) that works?

Thanks,

Martin