Join now - be part of our community!

SONY BDV-N9200W "piano sound" distortion and "subtitle position"

SOLVED
djkutasi

SONY BDV-N9200W "piano sound" distortion and "subtitle position"

Hi Guys,

I recently purchased a SONY BDV-N9200W home cinema system. Generally i like this Sony stuff, but having a little problem with the sound:

The sound is slightly distorted and "scratchy"(from front left speaker) when i have music with piano instrument sound. Even at very low sound volumes. I also noticed this issue with the kind of "wind blowing noise" sounds...
I was playing MKV movies when noticed this. I haven't tested it with other materials.

The speakers system is brand new, don't have any damages on it and have the latest firmware version installed.
A strange thing: i owed the SONY BDV-N7200W (similar system with smaller speakers) before which also had this issue and i bought the BDV-N9200W because thought Sony fixed this problem.
I don't think it's a hardware related because i would be very unlucky i got two but different system with the same issue.

Maybe is something wrong with the sound (effect) settings?
or the internal audio codecs?

Also is it possible to change the size and position of the movie subtitles?

Let me know if you can help me!
Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
djkutasi

Well... i spent a few hours wiht the speakers last night and it looks like i found the solution for the distortion issue.

There is a option in the "audio settings" menu which called "Audio DRC".

When i turned this on the distortion disappeared. I tired wiht musics and a few movies and and sounded okay.

Thanks for helping myself! :grin:

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
djkutasi

Well... i played around the speakers yesterday and i looks like the front left speaker is faulty... The others all all perfect, i tried them in the same speaker output and checked cables as well.

I tried to get it fixed somehow...

What about the subtitle postition?

Is that possible to change?

Thanks!

djkutasi

Well... i spent a few hours wiht the speakers last night and it looks like i found the solution for the distortion issue.

There is a option in the "audio settings" menu which called "Audio DRC".

When i turned this on the distortion disappeared. I tired wiht musics and a few movies and and sounded okay.

Thanks for helping myself! :grin:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@djkutasi - Well Done :thumbsup: