Join now - be part of our community!

Sony CT60BT with Bravia42w815b

dun247
New

Sony CT60BT with Bravia42w815b

Hi All,

Please excuse my ignorance. I recently purchased the Bravia 42W815 from John Lewis and it came with the CT60BT. I have connected it all correctly (pretty sure) via optical, but no sound is coming through the CT60. Everytime I use the CT60 remote it changes the TV. When I change the TV sound settings to speakers and use the CT60 remote a message on the TV pops up say sound is fixed. Can someone please help/advise.

Many thanks

D

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I think its best to go right to the begining on this one.

Can you confirm the following:

1. Ensure that the optical cable is fully connected between TV and CT60BT (it should 'click' in place, and can be hard to push in too) and in the proper spot (see CT60BT manual : HERE - page 11)
  2. On the TV, set the Speakers to 'Audio System'  (See : HERE for details)
  3. On the CT60BT remote control, press the INPUT button repeatedly until OPTICAL is selected.
  4. Use the volume controls on the CT60BT remote control

Hope this helps

Cheers

Davidson9
New

I had the same problem.you turn speakers to audio system or whatever it's called,you control the sound with the cinema systems remote.

Hi, I just purchased a HT-CT60BT Home Theatre System for my Sony Bravia. I can not get any sound out of the soundbar or subwoofer. I have installed the digital optical cord from the soundbar to back of my Sony Bravia. The surround & optical orange LED's lite up, but still no sound. I have tried turning off the TV Speakers & switching to the Audio System, still no sound.  I also have the soundbar AC power cord plug in. I have no other Bluetooth devices hooked up with my tv. It will not perform the pairing mode either.  I have a Sony DVD player (Not Bluetooth), if that matters. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

roadrunner65

TonyHall
Explorer

Hi,

I have the same problem too.

Using the optical cable.  Changed the sound settings to audio system.  

Any advice much appreciated.

I have a similar set up (same sound bar but KDL50W829B TV) and also cannot get the two to communicate. There is not a cable to connect the soundbar to the TV, just a cable to connect the subwoofer to the soundbar and a cable that plugs into the TV which I presume is for the wireless functionality. I have spent an age going through the settings trying to get them connected but cannot seem to find a Bluetooth section on the TV settings and they will not pair - any advice? Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

You cannot 'pair' this soundbar to the TV via Bluetooth.  The Bluetooth on the TV is for Bluetooth mice only.  You need to connect an optical cable between the TV and the soundbar.  See my original post on this thread:

http://community.sony.co.uk/t5/home-cinema-projectors-players/sony-ct60bt-with-bravia42w815b/m-p/169...

Cheers

Khullerm
New

I recently purchased a KDL 50 hdtv. It's proven extraordinarily difficult to connect the TV to my old Pioneer surround system...which worked perfectly well with my older LG TV. The Sony manual says an "audio out " connection exists at the back of the TV which I should be able to use to connect via rca cable to the audio in of my sound system, to play my TV through my speakers. However, the Sony customer support tell me that this is not possible ! I can only use optical audio or an arc enabled sound system...all pointing me towards having to buy a new sound bar or system. This is ridiculous. I even went back to currys who said I should be able to use my old pioneer sound system through rca cables. If the TV manual says so too it should work! Where is this mystical audio out connection? Can someone explain please. Help!

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Newer television do not have anymore analogical audio out since quite few years now.... The only analogical audio out you have is the headphone socket (you may buy a convert for having the RCA connector) or the only SCART out (here too you can but a specific cable) that works only on DTV.

I'm sorry.