Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Soundbar SA-CT80 Sound Issues

profile.country.GB.title
Nosamp
New

Sony Soundbar SA-CT80 Sound Issues

Hi,

I have the above sound bar and am having issues with it.

It is connected to a Sharp TV via an optical lead.

When watching TV and someone is talking I find it too quiet so I turn it up, if there is then some action its really loud so I need to turn it down, I find I am constantly turning it up and down throughout a film and this is on pretty much every film or TV show?

I have tried adjusting all the settings with all the combinations I can think of and none of them seem to help that much if at all.

I feel I need to be able to have the voices louder but not have the action deafening, kinda hoped the 'voice' button would do this but it doesn’t.

I don't remember this being a problem initially but don't remember changing anything, is there a way to completly reset the unit to see if the 'standard' setting works ok?

Any suggestions would be greatly welcome as I'm starting to think the tinny/squeaky sound the TV produces would be preferable to constantly adjusting the volume.

Thanks

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Nosamp,

according to the 22nd page of the manual, you need to perform the following steps to perform a reset:

If the system still does not operate properly, reset the system as follows:

1.  Press SW  (subwoofer volume) +,  (volume) –, and NIGHT in sequence within 3 seconds. All 6 indicators on the Bar Speaker flash once, and the settings return to their initial status.
  2. Disconnect the AC power.

- Nic