Join now - be part of our community!

Sony UBP-X700 BD / DVD playback problem

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
MrSHarrison
Explorer

Sony UBP-X700 BD / DVD playback problem

Hi

I've just bought a Sony UBP-X700 and connected it up to my 4K Panasonic TX-40EX600B TV. I have to switch the HDMI Port to Mode 2 in order to be able to turn the 4K Pure Direct on my TV. However, setting it to 'Mode 2' causes a black screen hiding the blu-ray player menu system. In order for me to see the menu system I have to change the setting on the TV back to 'Mode 1'. I also have to do this if I want to play a DVD as the screen is black if I try and play a DVD in Mode 2.

Also, my BD box set of THE WORLD AT WAR won't play in Mode 2 and will only play if I change the setting for DVD playback. And, when I do play the BD discs of THE WORLD AT WAR the quality is very poor and blurry, as though they were low quality DVDs.

Can anyone help? Please don't link me to the Blu-ray player manual as I've looked through it and can't find anything that would suggest a solution.

Many thanks

SH

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
MrSHarrison
Explorer

Hi Nic,

I think I've fixed it now. I've set my HDR ouput to 'Auto' in the player settings, it seems to have done the trick.

But I'd like to thank you for your prompt reply, that was very kind of you.

Best

Scott

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @MrSHarrison,

I once had a similar issue with my PS3 and had to change the settings for the DVD-upscaling.

I would try to set the upscaling to another mode in the players settings - maybe that helps.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
MrSHarrison
Explorer

Hi Nic,

I think I've fixed it now. I've set my HDR ouput to 'Auto' in the player settings, it seems to have done the trick.

Best

Scott

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @MrSHarrison,

checking the HDR-settings would have been my next guess :yum:

Glad it works now.

@MrSHarrison  schrieb:

you're very welcome.

- Nic