Join now - be part of our community!

Sound problems

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
dave305
Visitor

Sound problems

I have a 32 inch Sony Bravia lcd tv and a sony davdz135 home cinema system connected by hdmi lead. When i play dvds with the sound coming from both the tv and home cinema system theres a slight delay in sound unless i mute my tv. I've tried playing around with the settings and speaker positions but the problem is still there and the result is an annoying echo which makes it difficult to watch films.

I also find that my home cinema system sound level is quite low despite being 350watts and has to be on full volume to be heard clearly and is nowhere near as loud as my old sony davs300. Is there anything i can do or is it just modern equipment?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bravia55HX

Hi,

when your using the home cinema set you are meant to kill the audio from the tv anyway, best way is to turn the volume to zero otherwise you will end up with the mute symbol on the screen if you mute it.

the volume should be more than adequate on the home cinema, re check all connections are tight.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Bravia55HX

Hi,

when your using the home cinema set you are meant to kill the audio from the tv anyway, best way is to turn the volume to zero otherwise you will end up with the mute symbol on the screen if you mute it.

the volume should be more than adequate on the home cinema, re check all connections are tight.