Join now - be part of our community!

STR-DA2400ES - Output HDMI video alongside CD analogue audio.

profile.country.GB.title
gejohns5874
New

STR-DA2400ES - Output HDMI video alongside CD analogue audio.

Hi,

I have just acquired a Sony AV Receiver (STR-DA2400ES) for use with a village community cinema.  We will have two Blu-ray players connected via HDMI.  I also wish to attach an analogue audio source to play music before the film screenings, and/or during an interval.  I have Settings > HDMI > Audio Out set to "AMP".  Let's assume the audio player (an iPad say) is connected to the CD input jacks.

What I am trying to achieve is this.  When I select the CD input I also wish to retain the Blu-ray video image on HDMI OUT.  In effect I wish to be able to select the BD input for video signals and the CD input for audio signals.   Is this possible??

Regards,
Geoff

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

mmm... Maybe if you connect the two Blu-ray players also in Analog or Component at the same A/V Input with CD/Audio Player.

But you have to switch also the Blu-ray players Output from HDMI to Analog (RCA Yellow) or Component (RGB) if the two Blu-ray players can't send A/V simultaniously to HDMI (Digital) and RCA or Component (Analog).

Manolo

profile.country.GB.title
gejohns5874
New

Hi Manolo,

Thanks for for your thoughts on my situation.

Unfortunately the Blu-Ray players only have HDMI outputs.  Also the video output is fed to a projector, which also only accepts HDMI.

Geoff

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

At this point I can only think of the possibility of adding video to music from iPad, but it is not a simple solution, so no more music but video, even with static images, which have the tracks you wanted to use for audio. Thus you can switch between audio and video input and another audio and video. So you need an adapter, if provided for iPad, to get an A/V output.

Manolo