Join now - be part of our community!

SVR-HDT1000 How to sort channels and view favourites

profile.country.en_GB.title
dparr02
Visitor

SVR-HDT1000 How to sort channels and view favourites

Hi

I bought a SVR-HDT1000 after having had an older DVD/HDD systems for many years.  My big problem is I cannot sort the channels so that you can view them in an order that you like rather than the standard random order that appears when you first scan the digital channels.  My old Sony DVD/HDD and my BRAVIA TV can do this so it is frustrating if the new box can't.  ANy advice?

Also it allows you to creat various faviourite channel lists, but I have not found out how to view these favourite channels only.  No button or option to select favourites only and instructions are not clear - any advice from anyone on this?

Many thanks

David

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.en_GB.title
135Sam135
Visitor

Hi David,

I just purchased this PVR and yes the manual is not clear on this point at all but the trick is to press the round enter button in the middle of the up down left right arrow keys whilst the tv and pvr is on. This will then show a screen with the tv channels - if you press the left or right arrow keys this will move the "tv" menu to a "favourites" menu where you will find your defined favourites list!! Leave it on whatever menu  you want then when you hit the channel + or - keys it will work.

Hope this helps mate it took me 10min  to work it out.

Sam

roweave78
Explorer

I've just bought a Sony KDL-32W705B but can't seem to get my favourites in a list to suit me, i.e. BBC1, BBC2, BBC3, BBC4, BBC News, ITV1, etc. etc. I also want to get rid of all the "Adult" content but can't see how to delete that.  This is a wonderful television but I am really frustrated at having to plough through loads of stations I don't want to get to one that I do want and nothing I've seen in the manuals, on You-tube, or here has been helpful.  Please somebody tell me how to do it....I'm a simple soul who just wants to make life a little easier for myself and my elderly husband.  I've been in touch wit Sony Help via their website but haven't heard anything back from them.  Isn't there a moderator/co-ordinator on this Community site who could help?

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have had a look at the manual and unfortunately it does not explain anything that would help you.  I also dont have a 2014 TV to experiment with either.  So my advice (unless another forum member can assist) is to contact Sony Support : HERE

Cheers

roweave78
Explorer

Thanks for this.  I contacted Sony and they referred me ot the Manual which doesn't explain how to do it at all.  In the end I have played around myself (for absolutely ages, and I do have better things to do) and think I probably have an idea of what to do but it's tedious and frustrating.   I have programmed dozens of televisions over the years to get what I want and none has been as time-consuming as this one.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I am sorry that I cannot be of any help - I have a 2013 TV, but its menu's and functions are different.  I fully agree that the manual does not state any of this, of which it should to be honest.  What I will do though, is bring this up with Sony for a more complete manual.

Cheers

roweave78
Explorer

Thanks for yours.  I have now managed to sort out what I wanted to do, after a lot of messing about.  However, Sony was no help as they referred me to the manual which is useless.  I need to do a bit of tweaking but it seems a very laborious way of making life a little bit easier. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think that deserves a kudos :slight_smile:

roweave78
Explorer

Thanks.  I'm 90% happy with what I've but only give Sony 2 out of 10 for their manual/help desk.  This correspondence is now closed!!