Join now - be part of our community!

SVR-HDT1000 Recording Backups

profile.country.en_GB.title
brianh
Visitor

SVR-HDT1000 Recording Backups

Although I can copy recordings made with my SVR-HDT1000 to a USB drive, the drive is not usable from a PC, because of encryption of its contents, and I cannot backup my recordings from the drive.

It appears that the SVR-HDT1000 is designed this way.

Can someone explain to me why this is the case. With older recorders I could always backup my recordings.

BrianH

Message was edited by: brianh

Message was edited by: brianh

4 REPLIES 4
brianh
Visitor

This site is useless.

No one from Sony appears to read or reply to any of the posts.

BrianH

hockeyrulz
Visitor

Hi, im also trying to create backups of some recordings and have the 500gb model. You can get the recordings onto a pc by connecting an external hard drive with a capacity over 160gb and format it using the format disk option in the system menu, then copy them to this drive. To then get them onto your pc you will need a version of linux as the hard drive is using the xfs file system, the drive was recognised straight away on ubuntu then you can copy the recordings onto the pc's hard drive and then they are accessible in windows. This is currently as far as i have got as the copy protection seems to stop any programs from reading the files properly.

thingy0403
Visitor

Has anyone been successful in copying all program/titles recorded on a SVR-HDTT1000 product to a different SVR-HDT1000 product? If yes, then can you describe how you did this?

Brett_R
Explorer

You can't do this...Sony ties the recordings into the unit that made the recordings. 

So when your unit dies so do all your recordings. 

Great, thanks Sony. Last time I ever buy one of your products.