Join now - be part of our community!

SVR-HDT500 Audio Clicks & Pops

profile.country.GB.title
JustinN
Explorer

SVR-HDT500 Audio Clicks & Pops

Has anyone else noticed that the audio on all HD channels has recently acquired splats, clicks and pops?

I have had this problem on COM7 channels (BBC4HD, BBC News HD...) since they started in December 2013, but recently this problem has spread to PSB3 channels (BBC1HD, BBC2HD, ITVHD, Channel4HD), when they were fine before. The received signal is good, and there are no picture break ups to indicate that there is a reception problem.

The broadcasters have certainly changed something on the PSB3 multiplex mid-October, but what I am not sure about is whether the audio decoding software in my PVR is at fault, or whether it's the broadcaster at fault. Reading on other forums, I know this problem is affecting other makes of  PVRs.

Thanks,

Justin.

22 REPLIES 22
daveben
Explorer

Guess the silence speaks volumes.....

profile.country.GB.title
wrblue
New

Unless it's my imagination, I think this problem may have been fixed. For several weeks now the clicks and pops seemed to have disappeared. I have Sony Bravia TV 40EX503 and Sony Hard Disk Recorder SVR-HDT1000. Anybody think the same ?

daveben
Explorer

Since your post I have been paying careful attention and I think you are correct - the problem seems to have gone (for the time being at least).

Given that no software changes have been issued for the box, I can only assume the broadcasters have reverted back to whatever coding they were using before the problem occurred. Let's hope they leave it that way.....