Join now - be part of our community!

SVR-HDT500 HD Recorder losing TV channels overnight.

Sheppy105
Explorer

SVR-HDT500 HD Recorder losing TV channels overnight.

Started a couple of days ago, I do a update scan & all channels are OK, leave it overnight & switch back on & half of the channels are missing which also removed the timers set for these channels. Have powered down & pressed the reset button on the front but still the same.

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

What is happening is that your SVR-HDT500 recorder is updating the TV channels overnight and selecting the strongest signal.  Now overnight, with a high-pressure weather system, a stonger signal could be from another transmitter further away.  In the day time, weather condtions have changed, and therefore the PVR recorder is no longer picking up the correct transmitter

What you need to do is disable/turn off the Auto Service Update.  (I had to turn it off on my TV a couple of weeks ago too).  Then re-tune it back in, during the daytime.

To do this:

1. Press [System Menu] button on the remote control
  2. Scroll across to "Channel" and press [OK]
  3. Press [Down] and highlight "Edit Channel"
  4. Press the [Across] arrow on remote control, and then go [Down] and highlight "Auto Service Update"
  5. Press [OK] and then go [Down] and highlight "off"
  6. Press [OK]

Now do a "Full Rescan" of the TV stations - during the day.

This should stop the automatic retune over-night.  However, if you dont turn it back on again at some point, you will need to retune every now and then, to pick up new freeview stations.

Cheers.