Join now - be part of our community!

SVR-HDT500 Rebooting/Response Problems

profile.country.en_GB.title
filgreen
Visitor

SVR-HDT500 Rebooting/Response Problems

Our HDT500, 8months old, has always been prone to "glitches" since new, but there are now several problems that I had guessed to be software related.

I checked the software version as detailed elsewhere on here, and we have the latest version.

Here are the problems:

When recording, and switched "off", will not respond to "switch on" from remote, but will switch on via front panel On/Off button. Occasionally fails to respond to remote when no recording taking place.( New Duracell batteries in remote.)

When recording, and watching another channel, when the recording finishes the device switches itself off. Every time.

When recording, occaionally, when switching on, the front panel indicator light (the white bar in the centre) will pulse for up to a minute or two, then stop, goes dark and the device has not switched on.

Ocasionaly (but regularly), on switching on it will crash, and switch itself off, you then have to switch it back and suffer a long boot up sequence starting with a page announcing "High Definition Hard Disc Recorder".. This aso appears to happen only if device is already recording.

When listening to a radio channel, TV screen saved to no picture through TV, it switches off. Feels like about 2 hours in this mode.

So, most of these problems appear to happen when the device is recording.

Would a software update to the same version make a difference? Will it even accept a software rreinstall to the same version?

Any help appreciated.

Message was edited by: filgreen

2 REPLIES 2
steaubin
Visitor

Hello filgreen,

If it is any consolation i have been having exactly the same problems, it is very annoying that Sony are aware of these issues and despite their assurances that the updates will cure the problem this is simply not true.:smileyangry:

The annoying aspect is that this may well work fine for a period and then start being problematic my fear is that if i call an engineer or take it back the problem wont be evident.

I bought this from PC World in June so its still under guarantee and also took out extended warranty as i had a similar problem with a Humax one which is why i changed to Sony.

I will be exchanging it for something else its just so frustrating having to go through all the polava of tuning in etc etc.

Sony really need to get their act together on this and either fix it or recall the whole lot.

Hope you get it sorted soon,

Steve.

filgreen
Visitor

Hello Staubin

Thanks for your commiserations, I thought I may not be alone.

I waes hoping someone might come along and tell me the cure, or how to force a re-install of the software. Don't want to do anything to make matters worse.

Anyone??

Cheers, Fil