Join now - be part of our community!

Where is the Netflix option on BDV-E3100 home theatre?

profile.country.en_GB.title
vtah236
Explorer

Where is the Netflix option on BDV-E3100 home theatre?

This model is marked as having Netflix (there is a sticker on the bluray player), Netflix is on the box, and Netflix is advertised as being available on this product. Yet there is no Netflix button on the remote control (RM-ADP090).

I am a Netflix subscriber and have access via the TV to which my Sony system is connected but am baffled by the difficulty in finding how I access Netflix via the bluray player. How do I get to Netflix on the player?

5 REPLIES 5
Catmambo
Contributor

Normally via the 'SEN' ( Sony Entertainment Network) button on the remote control, or if you call up the menu via the home screen and look at the options there. The Netflix button on the remote is(was?) on only on US models.

Thanks

vtah236
Explorer

Thank you for your response. The SEN button simply calls up the menu screen, upon which there are no Netflix options. I am still unable to access Netflix on this machine, despite the clear indications from the on-product labelling and advertising that this is a product feature.

profile.country.GB.title
Chayton69
Explorer

It is not particularly intuitive but if you go to the main menu under video apps (icon looks like a film strip) and scroll down through the apps (Iplayer. Sky News etc.) you should find Netflix and Lovefilm there.

vtah236
Explorer

Thanks, but I've tried that. The feature simply does not exist. I have reset the machine to its defaults, switched it off and on again, and still there are no actual video apps, including Netflix.

Catmambo
Contributor

If nothing is appearing, it sounds ike your Internet connection to the device hasn't been setup correctly. How is it connecting to the Internet and is the device being given an IP address by your router? I think under settings, it will tell you if it has a physical Internet connection or not.