Join now - be part of our community!

2010 Bravia models - Internet Channel Switching

profile.country.GB.title
chrisbrowe

2010 Bravia models - Internet Channel Switching

Are there any plans to update the software on Bravia 2010 series sets to prevent them getting confused and switching the receiver off when landing on IPTV delivered channels in the EPG, the set cannot decode and show these services.

Recently 4music has adopted this switching method to provide access to other Box TV channels via IPTV. It's now impossible to watch this channel without the recever switching off.

Model Number HDL-32EX403

Software Version PKG4.114EUL-0108

Please sort this irritation out asap.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Gussie1010
New

Same here on a KDL -37EX403 (FW: PKG4.114EUL-0108)

My TV is still under warranty with John Lewis - it will need to be fixed or else !!!!!!!!!!

COME ON SONY GET THIS FIXED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

profile.country.en_GB.title
drchrissmith
New

As there has been no reply on this urgent issue I am adding my request to SONY for some response to this thread, hopefully it will eleicit a positive response.

Hi

I have two 2010 SONY "Smart" TV's both of which are on FW: PKG4.114EUL/T-0108. I fail to see how the suggested "fix" to effectively neuter the internet connectivity of these older platforms is an acceptable solution for what is undoubtedly a firmware issue.

The reality is that SONY should fix the underlying problem and issue a proper firmware fix for this older generation of TV's as many were purchased (at considerable expense at the time) on the assumption they were "future proof" to an extent . I consider the network access feature to be fundamental to the effective operation of these devices and as such SONY really need to fix this and not suggest disabling core functionality as an effective "fix".

I look forward to a positive outcome from SONY as they did previously with the audio switching issue I raised.

Any other (I assume all do in the UK) users of the 2010 platform TV's please add to this request for effective action from SONY.

Thanks

Dr Chris Smith

profile.country.GB.title
jp_paul
New

Dear Sony,

I like Dr Smith feel that your response to this issue is unacceptable.

Please issue a proper solution as soon as possible (right after you've sorted out your issue with PVR firmware updates that now don't received Freeview).

Thanks,

P Clarke

KDL40NX713