Join now - be part of our community!

32EX500 - using the guide function

profile.country.da_DK.title
TheDexterTeam
Visitor

32EX500 - using the guide function

Hello,

One of my Sony LCD TV is a 32EX500 - another is 32W5500.

When I use the guide function on my 32w5500 I kan se the actuel tv picture in the background (behind the guide text)  and here the sound too. This I cannot when using the guide on the 32EX500 - no picture and no sound in the bagground.

Why is that?....the firmware used is: PKG-4.077EVL-0108.

There is a new firmware, but this new firmware do corect this "problem".

Thx. for any comments on the above mentioned 🙂

regards

TheDexterTeam

2 REPLIES 2
jhertel
Visitor

I have a KDL-32EX500 too. And until yesterday, it very nicely displayed a small image of the current station in the upper left corner of the program guide. The sound was there too.

But since yesterday, this doesn't happen anymore! When I go to the program guide, the sound disappears and where there used to be a small image in the upper left, there is only a time and date now!

This is very annoying, as it used to work so nicely!

When I press the [i+] for further information on a program in the program guide, the image and sound comes back while displaying the further information. But in the program guide, there is no image and sound anymore.

The firmware is PKG4.092EUL-0108 and I suspect my TV of having done an automatic update yesterday, as an explanation of why this happened just yesterday. I have owned the tv for several months where it has worked perfectly.

Sony, are you working on this problem? You have removed an important feature from my TV! I will not accept that!

tomwmortensen
Visitor

Hi,

The same thing happened to my 40HX800 yesterday (April 7th). Firmware is PKG4.077EUT-0108.

Anyone?