Join now - be part of our community!

3D blurry picture

profile.country.en_GB.title
calapch
Visitor

3D blurry picture

Hello,,,  just bought some sony 3D glasses which are compatible with our NX723 but the picture quality is terrible, not very 3D! and quite blurry.  Checked settings on TV etc and they seem OK.  Any ideas?  Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
JimmyID
Visitor

I have a similar problem, love the TV, but it seems out of sync with ghosting down either side of the image.  Can anyone help?

iagibso49

Why hasn't this been answered? Where's the support from Sony????

Catmambo
Contributor

What 3D source are you using as this may have an impact on the quality?

thanks

JimmyID
Visitor

I've got three different sources.  A 3D bluray player from Sony, a PS3, and a 3D Vaio.  I've also got the TV's built in 3D upscaler which has the same problem as the others.  I'm judging the 3D quality of the TV against my Vaio which is amazingly crystal clear with no crosstalk whatsoever.  I don't expect the same quality from the TV, but something remotely close would be nice.

Yes, I've got 3D quality HDMI cables.

Yes, I've changes the 3D glasses brightness from Auto to Low/Medium with little real noticeable change.

Yes, I've played with every setting I can find in all different combinations with little effect, although by turning the brightness up to full (washing out the whole screen) seems to help a lot.  I've read that earlier sony TV's had an engineers menu which allowed you to control the sync function and solve the ghosting problem.  Not found anything on this with my TV though.

In general, the problem varies depending on what's being watched.  Games for example vary, although I've not found a PS3 title that is playable in 3D.  Vaio game output does ok in some instances, but not in others and it makes no noticeable difference what resolution/refresh rate the output is set on.

Films from all of the above sources are about the same in all cases, with the worst being the built in TV 3D upscaler which varies from quite bad and slightly annoying ghosting to outrageous headache causing ghosting.  The blu-ray source film ghosting can vary depending on the content. For example, the live action scenes in Avatar have really bad ghosting, where the computer rendered scenes are much better (but not that much better).  Areas where live action footage has been composited with computer rendered footage (floating light consoles etc..) show the live action footage as badly ghosted and the consoles next to them (at the same depth) as slightly less ghosted?!  Very strange.  Prometheus is ok'ish, bad or slightly better from scene to scene, although there is one scene near the beginning with mountains where the crosstalk is about 2" across the screen and you have to take the glasses off.

Any thoughts anyone?

Bravia55HX

Hi,

see the link below for a very good review and what is said about the 3D there.

http://www.digitalversus.com/tv-television/sony-bravia-kdl-46nx723-p11204/test.html

JimmyID
Visitor

That's intresting certainly, but the store model wasn't anywhere near as bad which makes me think it's more of an issue with the tv settings or hardware than the model itself.  It also makes me suspicious that my Vaio has a perfect razor sharp 3D image, and yet the TV bought a year later struggles to produce anywhere near the same quality.  Did they just forget how to do it?

Still, it could simply be a less than perfect product, but if anyone has any ideas to make it better, I'd certainly like to hear them.

iagibso49

I just think the technology is woefully underdeveloped and I don't see Sony making any effort to develop it.